A funny thing happened to my new Callaway 4 wood. It seems that the glue used to bind the head to the shaft did not setup correctly. I found that out two weeks ago when I was on the range hitting some balls and I looked down at the 4 wood in my hand and noticed that the hosel collar was separated from the shaft a bit. I pushed the head toward the shaft and was shocked because it moved. Not only did it move, but I was able to take the head right off. The fortunate thing was that I noticed it, I was probably one shot away from launching the stainless steel head in some random direction.
As of this writing the club is in the shop, Golfsmith sent it to Callaway HQ and it is due back next week, I will update as news warrants. Sad thing is, I miss that club, it is wicked long and very forgiving and with the weather warming up, I can almost imagine how far I could hit it now. I am sure Callaway will make it right.
One thought on “’11 Equipment update, uh oh…”